Words of Wisdom

"I want someone/ to read these words /and understand me/ for just one second/so I'm not alone/ with my thoughts."
-Christy Ann Martine

"Don't forget- no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell."
-Charles de Lint


Labels

Monday, November 12, 2012

Wounded Heart


I used to be a shallow heart, a twisted spine
swallowing all promises
Until my tongue turned black.
They don’t know you like I do.
A better liar, you talk
small, but breathe disaster,
with your clever words and phrases,
stinging hearts till they go numb.
I’m seven inches tall and
silence is my self- defense.
Never mind the mess you’ve made,
what matters is I’m trying.
To my wounded heart, I know
some things should just stay broken.
This is a part you portray,
like a toy soldier marching toward his shallow grave.


I really enjoyed the structure of this poem, so i decided to try to imitate it :P the title of the poem is the three words in bold towards the end of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment