Words of Wisdom

"I want someone/ to read these words /and understand me/ for just one second/so I'm not alone/ with my thoughts."
-Christy Ann Martine

"Don't forget- no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell."
-Charles de Lint


Labels

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lullaby



I speak,
close eyed.
To whoever decides to listen;
Be safe,

I say to you eight times
unaware till the following day
of our evening chat.
Be safe

interrupted my sleeping silence
as you strolled in
at 3 a.m. Saturday morning.
I didn’t know where you went.
Be safe

I mutter under my breath
knowing the decisions being made.
Weighted with consequences 
commonly overlooked by judgment impaired.
Be safe.

You lock the door,
And crawl into bed,
denouncing my evening dialogue
as a strange dream.
Be safe.

It becomes a whisper, a mantra
That sews your eyes shut.
A cautious lullaby,
be safe.

Something I think.
Every time-
You leave.
Just, be Safe.

Be. 

i've been working on this for a while, and finally got around to posting it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment